CHECKLIST AND SYNONOMY OF MARYLAND HIGHER PLANTS, WITH SPECIAL REFERENCE TO WETLAND INDICATOR AND RARITY STATUS
The only comprehensive, up-to-date
source that puts scientific and
regulatory information together for
Maryland wild plants:
5.5 x 7.4 inches
Call: 610 - 356 - 1416
$40 per copy.
30% discount on orders of 10 or more copies.
- Alphabetical, pocket-sized checklist of 3,326 kinds of wild plants in Maryland by English common name and by current
Latin scientific name according to the Biota of North America Project of John T. Kartesz et al.
- Accurate regional and subregional Wetland Indicator Status classification of every plant in Maryland
based on National Wetland Inventory (1997)
- Detailed federal Endangered/Threatened status, State Endangered/Threatened/Endangered
Extirpated status, and State Rarity status of all plants of conservation concern in Maryland
- Growth habit description (native tree, introduced annual herb, etc.) and Plant family for every plant.
Weed status for problematic non-natives.
- Full synonymy with botanical authors linking current scientific names with all field manuals and guidebooks
for plant identification
- Thorough, analytical introduction and explanation of regulatory context
An indispensable field and office reference for:
- Wetland Delineators, Soil Scientists, Hydrologists, and Engineers
- Federal, State, and Local Regulators in Pennsylvania
- Field Botanists, Wildlife Biologists, Foresters, and Ecologists
- Students, Naturalists, Conservationists, and Landscape Architects
About the Author:
James A. Schmid is a biogeographer and plant ecologist with over 30 years of field experience in environmental
impact assessment, wetland delineation, and regulatory consulting. He holds master's and doctoral degrees
in geography from the University of Chicago, and taught ecology and environmental science in the Department of
Biological Sciences at Barnard College and Columbia University. Since 1980 he has headed Schmid & Company, Inc.,
Consulting Ecologists, of Media, Pennsylvania. Dr. Schmid is certified as a Senior Ecologist by the Ecological Society
of America, as a Professional Wetland Scientist by the Society of Wetland Scientists, and as a Wetland Delineator by
the Baltimore District, Army Corps of Engineers.
Send email to James Schmid
Copyright © 2014 Schmid & Company. All rights reserved.