CHECKLIST AND SYNONYMY OF PENNSYLVANIA HIGHER PLANTS, WITH SPECIAL REFERENCE TO WETLAND INDICATOR
AND RARITY STATUS
The only comprehensive, up-to-date
source that puts scientific and
regulatory information together for
Pennsylvania wild plants:
5.5 x 7.4 inches
- Alphabetical, pocket-sized checklist of 3,509 kinds of wild plants in Pennsylvania by English common name
and by current Latin scientific name according to the Biota of North America Project of John T. Kartesz et al.
- Accurate regional and subregional Wetland Indicator status classification of every plant in Pennsylvania
- Detailed Endangered/Threatened/Rare status of all special concern plants in Pennsylvania
- Growth habit description (native tree, introduced annual herb, etc.) and Plant family for every plant
- Full synonymy with botanical authors linking current scientific names with all field manuals and guidebooks for
- Thorough, analytical introduction and explanation of regulatory context
An indispensable field and office reference for:
- Wetland Delineators, Soil Scientists, Hydrologists, and Engineers
- Federal, State, and Local Regulators in Pennsylvania
- Field Botanists, Wildlife Biologists, Foresters, and Ecologists
- Students, Naturalists, Conservationists, and Landscape Architects
"Highly recommended, an excellent resource for the field botanist. Invaluable to professionals working in NJ and PA and a useful reference for those individuals working, or interested in, the Mid-Atlantic States." ---- Mark L. Kraus in Wetland Journal 7(1):21
ORDERING DETAILS FOR PENNSYLVANIA HIGHER PLANTS:
ISBN: 0 - 9716659 - 1 - 5
$40 per copy
30% discount on orders of 10 or more copies.
To Order: Call (610) 356 - 1416.
Currently OUT OF PRINT.
About the Author:
James A. Schmid is a biogeographer and plant ecologist with over 40 years of field experience in environmental impact assessment, wetland delineation, and regulatory consulting. He holds master's and doctoral degrees in geography from the University of Chicago, and taught ecology and environmental science in the Department of Biological Sciences at Barnard College and Columbia University. Since 1980 he has headed Schmid & Company, Inc., Consulting Ecologists, of Media, Pennsylvania. Dr. Schmid is certified as a Senior Ecologist by the Ecological Society of America, as a Professional Wetland Scientist by the Society of Wetland Scientists, and as a Wetland Delineator by the Baltimore District, Army Corps of Engineers.
Send email to James Schmid
Copyright © 2014 Schmid & Company. All rights reserved.